Reliable Self-locking Connectors
Self-locking connectors are in demand in the market because of their reputation for contact reliability, resistance to ingress, and security against accidental disconnections. This is important in the industry as more and more devices reliant on cables and connectors.
INTE-AUTO has some of the best and most affordable self-locking connectors available today. The detailed engineering and manufacturing assure you of their high quality. We have so many designs, sizes, and configurations to choose from for any application.
Contact us today for the exact connector you’re looking for.
Find extra security and convenience with the watertight K series INT-TGG and INT-ZEG. This combo is IP68-rated with 2 to 32 pins. They are from the K Series of connectors designed specifically for outdoor use.
We offer the B series INT-TGG(Z) and INT-ZNG with earthing tab to ground your line and prevent dangerous current surges. This combination features a cable collet in M9 to M18 sizes. It has a nut for fitting bend relief.
This is the INT-TGA and INT-ZGA combination with 2 keys and a cable collet. They can have 2 to 32 pins with your choice of soldering, crimping, or PCB core-type termination. The plug includes a nut for fitting bend relief. They are rated IP50.
Our B Series includes INT-TGG and INT-ZGG pairs with multi pins. The panel mount fixed receptacle has a nut and a female solder contact. They can be configured for cable or panel mounting.
The INT-THG(Z) is a self-locking push pull plug with a 90° elbow angle, back nut for fitting strain sleeve and solder contacts. It is a space-saving model from the B Series. The angle can help relieve cable strain.
Our Fisher F Series gives you both high quality and the best cost savings with core technology. These high-density connectors feature the half-shell key which further prevents mismating. A short plug version is available.
This pair of cable-mount connectors feature both straight plug-type male and female components to support wiring. The INT-TGG and INT-DHG combination has a cable collet, one or two keys, and a maximum of M18 size.
We have the INT-TGG and INT-ZCG combination of metal connectors from the B Series. They have an M7, M9, M12, M16, M18 size with 2 or 32 solder contacts and an IP50 rating.
Our coaxial S Series includes this INT-TFA and INT-ZRA pair. They feature a unipole socket and plug with a nut for fitting bend relief. You can order the miniature M7 up to the larger M15 size in the 00S to 2S.
This is our S Series half-moon insert connectors, the model INT-TFA and DCA are available in M9, M12, M15 sizes. It’s a powerful connector that transmits up to 230A current. It also has a multi-pole version with up to 6 contacts.
At INTE-AUTO, you can customize your self-locking male or female connector to have a 90° configuration to fit your equipment. Try the INT-TGG with the INT-ZGP. The female elbow receptacle is the best for PCB mounting.
The INT-TFA and INT-ZRA pair of connectors feature a half-moon stepped insulator design. The male plug and female socket have 2, 3,4,5, 6, 8 contacts, they can fit Φ3.0mm to Φ9.0mm cable. The plug has a nut for bend relief.
The Best Mating Mechanism for Circular Connectors
Security is important with every wiring connection. Data can be lost, power interrupted, or equipment damaged by fluctuating current and connections.
Your application may be simple or life-crucial, but you can need error-free and smooth operations.
Good thing the self-locking mating system has enabled a high level of security for any application. You can find this technology perfected in INTE-AUTO’s self-locking circular connectors.
They are easy to lock and unlock without worrying about accidental disconnection. And you can use them to replace any brand of similar connector you are currently using.
We can apply this same technology to any equipment or use. Talk to one of our engineers today for a unique solution specially designed for your specific needs.
Self-Locking Connectors- The Ultimate FAQ Guide
If you are dealing with an excess number of connectors or want to apply connectors in applications that need mating in minimum time, you are in the right place!
INTE-AUTO provides you with Self-Locking Connectors that quickly lock and unlock in a precise time and are also cost-effective.
If you want to learn more about INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors, you can read the FAQ guide article below:
1. What are INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors?
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connector is a small bridge between two devices that takes responsibility for data, current, signals or fluid transmission from one device to the other.
It consists of two main external parts called a socket and a plug.
The device or cable where you need to send data, signals or current is connected to the socket.
The plug is connected with the device or cable from where you need to receive data or current for transmission.
The term ‘’self-locking’’ in INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors clearly means that you do not need to apply much effort and time to lock and unlock these connectors.
It is because there is a strong self-latching mechanism installed in the plug and socket in order to complete the locking and unlocking process.
Nowadays, this mechanism is in great demand for all applications where connectors are used for data and current transmission.
You can get straight or elbow configurations of these connectors with a facility of solder, PCB or crimp contacts.
Figure 1 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors
2. What is the Mating Mechanism of INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors?
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors follow a simple rule for mating and un-mating.
The mating and un-mating totally depend on the self-latching mechanism installed into these connectors.
When you need to mate the plug and socket, you need to push the plug into the socket such that all the plug contacts enter into the socket holes.
During mating, the following process occurs:
- The self-latching mechanism consists of two half arrowhead shape latches inside the connector’s plug.
- When you push the plug into the socket, the latches inside the plug retract with the outer shell walls.
- There is a space inside the socket similar to the shape of the plug’s half arrowhead latches.
- When the plug’s latches reach that socket half arrowhead shape space, the arrowheads quickly lock or fit into that space.
- The plug and socket are now strongly mated, and your data, current, signals or fluid can be easily transferred from one device to the other.
- To un-mate the connection, the outer shell of the plug should be pushed in the backward direction.
- Doing this will release the plug’s half arrowhead shape latches from the socket grooves, and the plug can then easily be removed from the socket.
Figure 2 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connector’s Mating Mechanism
3. Do INTE-AUTO Self-locking Connectors Withstand Accidental Cable Tugs?
Yes, INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors can easily and strongly defend accidental cable tugs.
The self-latching mechanism in these connectors does not allow the plug and socket to disconnect even in harsh conditions.
You can only break the connection if you push back the outer shell of the plug.
Figure 3 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors Power Lock
4. What Ingress Protection Ratings Do You Get from INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors?
INTE-AUTO manufactures different types of Self-Locking Connectors that give you different ingress protection ratings.
All the types are strong enough to be used in various challenging situations.
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors are available in IP50, IP66, IP67 and IP68 ratings.
It is up to you what type of Self-Locking Connector is needed to fulfill your data, current or signals transmission.
Figure 4 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connector’s IP Rating
5. Can You Fit a Bend Relief or Over-molded with INTE-AUTO Male Self-Locking Connectors?
Yes, you can easily and quickly fit a bend relief with INTE-AUTO Male Self-Locking Connectors.
Although INTE-AUTO manufactures both types of Male Self-Locking Connectors that have variants or may not have variants.
So, if you want to avoid bending of the cable near the plug, you can order a Self-Locking Connector with a variant.
Figure 5 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connector’s Variant
6. What is the Mating Capacity of INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors?
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors are precisely manufactured to perform their duties in almost any environment and tough situation.
Excellent quality brass is used to manufacture the pin contacts of these connectors.
After manufacturing, the brass contacts are then plated with a layer of gold to increase your connector’s life.
If you buy INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors, you can mate a single piece more than 5000 to 6000 times.
Figure 6 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors Mating Capacity
7. What is Keying System in INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors, and Can You Blind Mate These Connectors?
Sometimes you are in a challenging situation where:
- You are not able to see the socket
- You are dealing with many connections that require perfect mating of the plug with the correct socket.
In such situations, you need a system that automatically allows mating only between the correct plug and socket, i.e., the connector allows you blind mating.
INTE-AUTO has made a keying system on their Self-Locking Connectors to achieve this goal.
The keying system consists of one protrude (keying system), or two protrudes (keying system) on the outer surface of the connector’s plug.
These protrude (keying systems) make an angle with the center of the plug such that the angle is equivalent to the space between them.
The protrudes (keying systems) with less angle have less space between them than the protrude (keying systems) having a greater angle.
They have given keying codes represented by codes G, A, B, C, D, E, F, J, K and L.
The code G is standard, having key=1 and 0 degree angle with the plug’s center.
The angle or space between other keying codes is given below:
- Code A has 30 degrees angle and is represented by α
- Code B has 45 degrees angle and is represented by α
- Code C has 60 degrees angle and is represented by α
For INTE-AUTO F Series Self-Locking Connectors, a half-shell shape keying system is designed that contains one or two half-shells as protrudes with codes 1, 2 and 3.
Figure 7 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connector’s Keying System
8. Where Can You Implement INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors?
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors have huge applications given below:
- To transfer critical and important data and current in satellites in space, you can use these connectors at 0% risk.
- These connectors can be applied in all military operations, military vehicles etc.
- All medical appliances can use these connectors to transfer data, current, signals or fluid in normal and severe conditions.
- You can use these connectors underwater, i.e., in marine applications where boats, yachts, submarines etc., are used.
- These connectors can be used in the public sectors like to power up signals, LED display lights, CCTV cameras etc.
- For data and current transmission in machinery or public vehicles, you can use these connectors as a connection solution between different cables.
- To transfer audio and video signals between two devices, INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors can be easily used.
- The robotics industry can get help with data and current transmission between different parts of the robots by using these connectors.
- To get signals or data from indoor or outdoor antennas, you can use these connectors.
Figure 8 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connector’s Applications
9. What are the Benefits of INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors?
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors have numerous benefits that are described below:
- These connectors can quickly lock and unlock.
- The locking is strong enough that no accidental tugs break the connection.
- Mating is relatively easy.
- These connectors are affordable, reliable and lightweight.
- Available in various sizes, elbow or straight configurations and pin connections to fulfill your needs.
- They can be used both in waterproof and dustproof applications.
- The IP50, IP66, IP67 and IP68 ratings ensure complete protection against dust, dirt and water particles.
- Each connector’s piece can be used 5000 to 6000 times.
- The 360-degree EMC shielding of these connectors saves your data, current and signal flow from external interferences.
- The gold-plating of the contacts enhances the life of these connectors.
- They are attractive in appearance.
- They can blindly mate because of the excellent keying system.
- The data, current, signals and fluid can be quickly transferred from one device to another without disturbance and loss.
- You can quickly assemble and disassemble these connectors.
10. What are the Characteristics of INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors?
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors have the following characteristics:
- You can use them 5000 to 6000 times per piece under IEC 60512-5 test 9a standard.
- It gives you a humidity level of less than 95% at 60 degrees centigrade temperature
- You can use them at the lowest temperature of about -40 degrees Celsius and the highest temperature of about +250 degrees Celsius.
- They can resist vibrations from 10Hz to 2000Hz, i.e., 15g under IEC 60512-4 test 6d standard.
- They are able to resist shocks up to 100g at 6ms under IEC 60512-4 test 6c standard.
- They can withstand the salt spray test for more than 144 hours under IEC 60512-6 test 11f standard.
- They can provide IP66, IP67 and IP68 ratings under the IEC 60529 standard.
- These connectors are EMC shielded with values of more than 75db at 10MHz and more than 40db at 1GHz under IEC 60619-1-3 standard.
- The material used to manufacture contacts is brass (Gold Plated)
- The insulator is manufactured using Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) or Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Housing is manufactured using Brass plated with black or pearl chrome or Polycarbonate (PC)
- The available keying codes are G, A, B, C, D, E, F, and L keys
- It uses a self-latching mechanism for mating and un-mating
- These connectors are available in PCB (straight or elbow), solder, and crimp contacts
11. How can You Assemble and Disassemble INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors?
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors can be assembled and disassembled by following the steps given below:
- Using a cutter or razor, you should first cut the outer rubber coating of the cable about half an inch.
- Now expose the conducting material by removing the rubber layer from the small wires inside the cable.
- Pass the cable from a bend relief, collet and collet nut.
- Solder the conducting material with insulator contacts of the plug.
- Cover the soldered insulator using a split insert carrier.
- Insert the covered insulator and collet inside the outer shell of the plug and then tight collet nut by rotating it in the clockwise direction.
- Connect the bend relief.
- The socket contacts can be soldered with the cable or device where you need to send data, current, signals or fluid.
- Unsolder the socket contacts.
- Remove bend relief from the plug.
- Un-tighten the collet nut by rotating it in the anti-clockwise direction.
- Remove collet, split insert carrier and soldered insulator from the plug’s outer shell.
- Uncover the insulator from the split insert carrier and then unsolder the conducting material from the insulator contacts.
- Remove the cable from the collet, collet nut and bend relief.
- Again, close the plug parts without a cable.
Figure 9 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking connector’s Assembling Parts
12. Do INTE-AUTO Self-locking Connectors Work in a High-temperature Environment?
Sometimes there is a need to transfer data, signals or current in an area where the temperature is exceptionally high.
In such areas, a low-quality manufactured connector can never perform well and can never provide you with precise measurements and results.
You can get benefits from INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors in high-temperature environments.
They not only transfer your data, current and signals in an efficient way but also provide you with excellent results flawlessly.
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors can work at a maximum temperature of about +250 degrees Celsius.
Figure 10 Self-Locking Connector Working Temperature Range
13. What is the Importance of INTE-AUTO Self-locking Connectors in the Military?
The military operations are very tough, and they have to perform their duties in all types of hot, cold, soft and harsh environments.
To work in such critical situations, they use the latest technology machines and vehicles that require the quick transfer of data, current, signals, and fluids flawlessly and efficiently.
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors provide quick and easy connection and disconnection solutions.
In harsh military situations, INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors help them transfer data and current through the latest machines and vehicles faster and more securely.
14. Do the INTE-AUTO Self-locking Connectors perform in High Vibrations Environment?
If you need to transfer data, current, signals or fluid in an environment where high vibrations occur, then INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors is best for you.
The plug and socket of these connectors tightly fit with each other through the self-latching mechanism such that the high vibrations never break the connection nor disturb the flow.
You can implement INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors in applications having 10Hz to 2000Hz vibrations.
These connectors can easily resist this vibration range under IEC 60512-4 test 6d standard.
15. What is 360 Degrees Screening in INTE-AUTO Self-locking Connectors?
When current flows through a wire, electromagnetic radiations surround it that can affect the flow of data, signals, or current flowing through another wire near it.
360 degrees screening or 360 degrees EMC shielding is used to avoid electromagnetic radiation from the surroundings.
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors are 360 degrees EMC shielded so that your data, current, signals or fluid are protected against external interferences.
Figure 11 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connector’s EMC Shielding
16. How Can You Find the Best Self-locking Connectors Manufacturer?
There are many ways to find the best manufacturer of Self-Locking Connectors.
- You can visit the connector’s market in your area, get views of different manufacturers, and choose the best one.
- You can visit the different connector manufacturers’ websites and get an idea about the best one.
- You can check customer reviews for all the products of a manufacturer that helps you understand the quality of its products.
- You can order a free sample of Self-Locking Connectors from different manufacturers; after testing each sample, you can choose the best one.
The Chinese connectors market has been considered the number one market worldwide.
It would be best to buy Self-Locking Connectors from Chinese manufacturers that have excellent reviews.
Fortunately, Shenzhen INTE-AUTO Technology Co., LTD in China is one of the top-ten Self-Locking Connector manufacturers.
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors provide excellent and quick mating at affordable prices.
Figure 12 Best Self-Locking Connector Manufacturer
17. How Can You Place an Order for INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors?
Placing an order for INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors is not a difficult task.
- If you need a small quantity of INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors, you can visit their page on the AliExpress store.
- INTE-AUTO support team is always ready to answer all your queries via email. You can place an order by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- For quick contact with INTE-AUTO, you can connect with them on WhatsApp or WeChat at +8613420981319 or +8613430872295.
- If you can visit the INTE-AUTO factory, you can go to their factory and directly deal with them.
Figure 13 Place Order for INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors
18. Can You Get a Free Sample of INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors?
If you need to place a large order of INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors after complete satisfaction with the product’s quality, INTE-AUTO can help you with that.
INTE-AUTO prefers customers’ trust rather than customer money.
They first make a good relationship with their customers to satisfy them and then make a business deal.
To build customers’ trust, they offer their customers a free sample of each of their products, including INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors.
Before placing a large order, you can order a free sample for testing their Self-Locking Connectors in your applications.
The free sample can be ordered by contacting with INTE-AUTO support team.
Figure 14 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connector’s Free Sample
19. What is the Delivery Time for INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors?
The final part of the business deal is delivering products to the customer’s given address.
The INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors delivery time is mainly dependent on two major factors:
- The courier service you are using
- The number of connector pieces you are ordering
INTE-AUTO always uses the fastest courier services so that their customers do not have to wait for long periods.
- For a free sample, the order is delivered within 2 to 3 working days.
- For small quantities, you will get your order within 6 to 8 working days.
- For large quantities, the order can be delivered within 8 to 14 working days.
Figure 15 INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connector’s Delivery Time
You have read the complete FAQ guide article on INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors.
After reading the guide, you can get complete knowledge about the usage, advantages, specifications, applications, and components of INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors.
INTE-AUTO manufactures top-quality Self-Locking Connectors, giving you a mating cycle of 5000 to 6000 times.
Their connectors can be applied in almost every application that requires a high-precision flow of data, current, signals, or fluid.
INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors are constantly tested and checked for defects before delivering them to the customers.
These connectors also have quality certifications like CE and RoHS certifications.
Thousands of INTE-AUTO Self-Locking Connectors are ready to transfer data and current in your applications.
You just have to contact the INTE-AUTO support team and leave the rest to them.
Go to the ‘’Contact Us’’ tab and make an order for these!